Kulpati Munshi Memorial Trophy for Elocution & Essay Writing Competition (A.Y.2017-18)
Bhavan’s College, Andheri organized Elocution & Essay Writing competitions for Kulpati Munshi Memorial Trophy on 10th December 2017 in Palanji Sadan, Room no.404.
The programme was inaugurated by Hon’ble Principal Dr. Mrs. Vasanti Kachi. Vice Principals, College Staff, Judges of competitions & students were present for the inaugural programme. Convenor Dr Medini Anjanikar welcomed all the guests & introduced in brief about the programme. The programme was inaugurated by making ‘Deep Prajwalan’ by all the guests. After inauguration of programme, Hon’ble Principal addressed to the students. Mrs. Neha Sawant gave brief information about our founder kulpatai Dr. K. M. Munshiji, Mr. Suresh Waghela gave Introduction of all Judges.
Competitions started soon after the inauguration programme was over.
The Topics for the ‘Essay Writing’ competition were.
- Selfie craze a disastrous addiction.
- The triumph of Women in Indian Cricket.
- Munshiji’s valuable contribution to Indian literature.
- The need of Gandhian thoughts in Modern India.
- The increasing importance of godmen in the society.
Participants were given the choice of writing the essay in any one of four languages viz. Marathi, English, Hindi & Gujarati. As per the rules of competition, colleges were allowed to send only two participants for the essay writing competitions. A Total of 43 participants participated in the essay writing competitions. The entries received in the various languages were as follows.
- Marathi : 12 essays
- Hindi : 09 essays
- English : 22 essays
- Gujarati : 00 essays
Judges/experts from all the four languages examined the essays & unanimously selected three best essays for cash prizes and certificates, as well as two essays for consolation prizes these were won by
- 1st Prize : Humaira Shaikh Bhavan’s College
- 2nd Prize : Ruchi Mandve Ramnarayan Ruia College
- 3rd Prize : Parrika Tembye Ramnarayan Ruia College
Consolation prizes :
- Dimpal Rambhiya Bhavans College
- Humaira Mulla K.C. College
The rotating trophy for “Essay Writing’ competition was won by Ramnarayan Ruia College.
The topics for the ‘Elocution Competition’, were
- Is the implementation of GST going to revive or kill our economy?
- Can destruction of physical body annihilate human killing?
- Kulpati Munshiji- A legendary personality.
- Importance of online education in implementation of RTE bill.
- Border Defence Forces in the shadow of terrorism.
Participants were given the choice of speaking in any one of four languages viz. Marathi, English, Hindi & Gujarati. As per the rules of competition, colleges were allowed to send only two participants for this competitions. A Total of 24 students were judge in elocution competitions, The entries received in the various languages were as follows.
- Marathi : 07 participants
- Hindi : 07 participants
- English : 10 participants
- Gujarati : Nil.
By experts in the four languages for judging the elocution competition. Based on the evaluation criteria of the competition, the judges selected the following participants for prizes.
- 1st Prize : Mamta Gopinath N.M. College
- 2nd Prize : Anandraj Gudge Sathey College
- 3rd Prize : Dhananjay Amberkar Bhavan’s College
Consolation Prizes :
- Shashwat Kumar N.M. College
- Nysena Merchant Jai Hind College
The rotating trophy for ‘Elocution competition’ was awarded to N. M. College.
Prize distribution ceremony was conducted immediately after the completion of competitions. Prizes & Rotating Trophies were given to winners by Principal, Vice Principal Dr. Jyoti Moghe, and Prof. A. R. Pawar. Prof. Jyoti Malandkar gave Vote of thanks.
Vice Principals Dr. Jyoti Moghe Madam, Dr. Rekha Sharma Madam, members of Kulpati Munshi Trophy committee, College Teaching and Non-Teaching staff, volunteers students, Office staff and Bhavans Gymkhana Canteen staff helped this function/ programmed a grand success.