- A separate office has been provided to the Cultural Committee to coordinate and
organize intra and intercollegiate events.
- A cozy platform has been constructed, popularly called ‘Kollege Katta.’ It is a place abuzz with enthusiastic students who flock there for informal activities, discussions and to practice performing arts.
- Not only by providing infrastructure, but various activities have been introduced such as –
- Cycle rally has been organised since last few years, to celebrate 50 glorious years of Maharashtra.
- An Inter Collegiate Elocution and Essay writing competitions for a rotating Munshi Memorial Trophy have been instituted in 2000-2001. The response of the Colleges has been remarkable over the last few years.
- The playground mentioned above, and ‘Kalangan’ (another huge ground) are used as open air auditorium for organizing inter-collegiate festivals wherein about 10000 students can be accommodated.
Achievements at Youth festival organized by Department of Student’s Welfare,University of Mumbai.
- Youth Festival: An annual Youth Festival is organized by the Students’ Welfare Department of the University of Mumbai. Two staff members of the College have been consistently contributing in a major way towards the organization of this national level cultural festival.
- Bhavan’s College hosted elimination rounds of Zone III (Dahisar to Bandra) for Fine Arts and Literary Events of the Youth Festival.
- The performance of the students at the University Youth Festival through the last few years has remarkable. In the year 2009-10 the College won 12 prizes in all at the National level as follows:
- Pranay Parab won I Prize in English Story Writing
- Ankit Choudhary – II Prize in Poetry recitation
- Adarsh, Devang, Praful, Deepika, Anuja – II Prize in Group Song
Amrutam 2011-12 (Bhavan’s College)
- Amol Mohite – III Prize in Rangoli
- Ashish Shrivastav – III Prize in Mimicry
- Ms. Nitya Nadar and Ms. Vandana Singh (T. Y. B. A. – History) won 1st and 2nd prize respectively in quiz competition conducted by Numismatic Museum.
- Balu powde won first prize in story telling and also a consolation prize for elocution.
- Nadim Shaikh has won the first prize in elocution competition in English.
KALAMAHOTSAV the Fest In the month of December, every year the College hosts our own Inter Collegiate Fest called ‘KALAMAHOTSAV Fest – Where life begins’.
- Talent Search: College organizes Talent Search i.e. competitions amongst our students in various Cultural events like singing, instrumental music, dance, dramatics etc. in the month of July / August.