Sports is all forms of usually competitive physical activity which, through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing entertainment to participants. College has a well equipped gymkhana along with a large play ground; this makes the atmosphere on the compass conducive to sports. All the sports activities are looked after by Sports Committee comprising of Faculty members and student representatives. As per University guidelines on 3% seats in all academic programmes students with achievements in sports are admitted. College has a busy sporting schedule in which various interclass tournaments in the disciplines of football, cricket, volleyball, chess, and table tennis are organized. Apart from this there is annual Athletics meet. In addition, students regularly participate in various intercollegiate sports meets at both state and national levels. Services of best coaches are hired and latest equipments are made available to the participants. Students who participate in sports competitions are helped by the faculty members to cope with their studies. Various scholarships and prizes are instituted to encourage students to take up sports.
The Motto of NCC is Unity and Discipline; Cadets are trained during camps in areas like disaster management, first aid, martial arts, mountaineering, army, self defense and other tools of sustenance and survival. The cadets also offered their social services in Blood Donation Camp, Ganapati Visarjan Project and Red Ribbon Ex. Rally against AIDS, Pulse Polio Drive, Senior Citizen Adoption, Tree Plantation, Anti Female Feticide Rally and gave their contribution towards society.
A Tar road and open space around the College buildings are being used for NCC parades and march-past practice. College also provides facilities for adventure activities like River Crossing, Rappling, and Training for Civil Defence. A plan to establish an obstacle course and a shooting range for training NCC cadets is under consideration.
Achievements of NCC cadets :
- CDT Himani Rawat has cleared her SSB interviews at Bhopal for Army (2011-2012)
- Student Rajdeep was inspired to join the Army after he cleared his UPSC and SSB and now undergoing Army training (2011).
- CDT Ashwin Patkar represented RD Parade for the state of Maharashtra and trophy was awarded by the Prime Minister of India (2009-2010)
CPL Garima Sharma underwent special training for Scuba Diving by Indian Navals (2009-2010)
Aimed at developing student’s personality through community service, NSS is a voluntary association of young people in Colleges, Universities and at +2 level working for a campus-community linkage.The cardinal principle of the NSS programme is that it is organised by the students themselves, and both students and teachers through their combined participation in community service, get a sense of involvement in the tasks of nation building.
N.S.S. encourages students in developing soft skills, discipline, and empathy to serve fellow beings and community. N.S.S. volunteers participate in Community service during festivals and social drives. Street plays on social issues are also staged by NSS volunteers.Preparing documentaries and projects with specific social messages. Student initiative drives with social message like BEEP (drive against use of abusive language) and ACT HUMAN (drive to initiate civic sense awareness).
Services: Swine – flu awareness, Blood Donation Drive, Tree plantation, Campus cleaning drive, Ganesh Visarjan Project, Gandhi Jayanti Celebration, cleanliness of beach, World Peace March & Leadership camp.
Activities: Organised Disaster Management workshop, Project on railway commuters’ awareness, Rally organized by MDAC, Sale of badges, flag prepared by differently abled children, Monsoon Marathon for awareness about global warming, Workshop on ‘Food Safety and Consumers’ Education and a workshop on ‘Management of E Waste’ at Sathaye College.
The Junior College N.S.S. : It has been consistently organizing Inter-collegiate street-play competition with a different socially relevant theme every year since last more than four years.
- A separate office has been provided to the Cultural Committee to coordinate and
organize intra and intercollegiate events.
- A cozy platform has been constructed, popularly called ‘Kollege Katta.’ It is a place abuzz with enthusiastic students who flock there for informal activities, discussions and to practice performing arts.
- Not only by providing infrastructure, but various activities have been introduced such as –
- Cycle rally has been organised since last few years, to celebrate 50 glorious years of Maharashtra.
- An Inter Collegiate Elocution and Essay writing competitions for a rotating Munshi Memorial Trophy have been instituted in 2000-2001. The response of the Colleges has been remarkable over the last few years.
- The playground mentioned above, and ‘Kalangan’ (another huge ground) are used as open air auditorium for organizing inter-collegiate festivals wherein about 10000 students can be accommodated.
Achievements at Youth festival organized by Department of Student’s Welfare,University of Mumbai.
- Youth Festival: An annual Youth Festival is organized by the Students’ Welfare Department of the University of Mumbai. Two staff members of the College have been consistently contributing in a major way towards the organization of this national level cultural festival.
- Bhavan’s College hosted elimination rounds of Zone III (Dahisar to Bandra) for Fine Arts and Literary Events of the Youth Festival.
- The performance of the students at the University Youth Festival through the last few years has remarkable. In the year 2009-10 the College won 12 prizes in all at the National level as follows:
- Pranay Parab won I Prize in English Story Writing
- Ankit Choudhary – II Prize in Poetry recitation
- Adarsh, Devang, Praful, Deepika, Anuja – II Prize in Group Song
Amrutam 2011-12 (Bhavan’s College)
- Amol Mohite – III Prize in Rangoli
- Ashish Shrivastav – III Prize in Mimicry
- Ms. Nitya Nadar and Ms. Vandana Singh (T. Y. B. A. – History) won 1st and 2nd prize respectively in quiz competition conducted by Numismatic Museum.
- Balu powde won first prize in story telling and also a consolation prize for elocution.
- Nadim Shaikh has won the first prize in elocution competition in English.
KALAMAHOTSAV the Fest In the month of December, every year the College hosts our own Inter Collegiate Fest called ‘KALAMAHOTSAV Fest – Where life begins’.
- Talent Search: College organizes Talent Search i.e. competitions amongst our students in various Cultural events like singing, instrumental music, dance, dramatics etc. in the month of July / August
Students please fill the below Link: https://goo.gl/forms/75tv31akztrxhyzH2